As the Summer of Love in New York is approaching (or where every you may be located), I wanted to take a moment to give some tips for taking care of your extensions while on vacation!
- AVOID chlorine if you can
- If you know you can’t avoid it and want to live your life, prep your hair by wetting first, then adding conditioner to protect the hair
- If you accidentally go in chlorinated water, please wash and deep condition immediately after. Be sure to gently brush the conditioner through
- Avoid getting hair wet.
- If you can’t avoid it, secure hair with a low pony or regular braid
- ALWAYS brush thoroughly after
- Do not go to sleep with wet, unbrushed hair
- Sunscreen stains blonde extensions pink and/or orange
- Avoid sunscreens containing avobenzone & oxybenzone
- Safe sunscreens to use are: Supergoop & Sun bum
ENJOY YOUR READING?
Hairstylist, Colorist and Extension Expert
Based in New York City and Los Angeles. While in New York City, I work at Hair Throne Salon, where I am also a certified extension expert. My specialty is hand tied wefts.