Vacation Tips and Tricks for Extensions
As the Summer of Love in New York is approaching (or where every you may be located), I wanted to take a moment to give some tips for taking care of your extensions while on vacation!
- AVOID chlorine if you can
- If you know you can’t avoid it and want to live your life, prep your hair by wetting first, then adding conditioner to protect the hair
- If you accidentally go in chlorinated water, please wash and deep condition immediately after. Be sure to gently brush the conditioner through
- Avoid getting hair wet.
- If you can’t avoid it, secure hair with a low pony or regular braid
- ALWAYS brush thoroughly after
- Do not go to sleep with wet, unbrushed hair
- Sunscreen stains blonde extensions pink and/or orange
- Avoid sunscreens containing avobenzone & oxybenzone
- Safe sunscreens to use are: Supergoop & Sun bum
ENJOY YOUR READING?
How helpful did you find this blog post? Subscribe to be notified on new guides, tips and promotions!
Hairstylist, Colorist and Extension Expert
Based in New York City and Los Angeles. While in New York City, I work at Hair Throne Salon, where I am also a certified extension expert. My specialty is hand tied wefts.